A conviction for a traffic violation in Illinois can have a wide range of possible punishments. In addition to court costs and fines, certain offenses can result in jail time, hundreds of hours in community service, lost time from work and points assigned to your Illinois driver's license. Below are some common types of Illinois traffic offenses.
- Failure to signal
- Running a stop sign or stoplight
- No seat belt
- Improper traffic lane usage
- Driving without insurance
- Driving without proof of insurance
- Driving on a suspended or revoked license
- Texting and driving
- Using a cell phone while driving
- Failure to yield
A conviction for any of these offenses can result in harsh consequences. The Law Office of Cassandra R. Hirth has the experience to get you the best possible outcome in your case. Call or text (815) 315-1933 today to schedule a free consultation with respect to your Illinois traffic ticket.